Where science and policy change the world. And you.
AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships (STPF)
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is the largest general scientific society in the world. The fellowship program offers hands-on opportunities to apply your scientific knowledge and technical skills to important societal challenges. As a fellow, you will serve a yearlong assignment in a selected area of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the federal government in Washington, D.C., enhancing your professional influence by tackling problems and participating in policy development and implementation.
Apply your science and engineering smarts to critical national and international issues.
- Serve yearlong assignments in the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the federal government.
- Bridge the gap between science and policy by leveraging your analytical skills and mindset.
- Become a member of an influential network of fellows and alumni that’s more than 3,000 strong.
- Transform your career and gain a valuable insider’s understanding of how policy is shaped.
- Sharpen your communication and leadership skills.
- Receive a stipend of $75,000-100,000 per year, plus other support including health insurance, professional development, and targeted fellowship travel and training.
Sign up for our newsletter.
Read compelling stories about fellows’ accomplishments at the intersection of policy and science, and get a heads up on STPF events and news in Fellowship Focus.
By submitting this form, you grant AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships permission to email you. You may unsubscribe via the link found at the bottom of every email.
Want more information?
Learn firsthand about policymaking while contributing your knowledge and analytical skills in the federal policy realm.
Applications close annually on November 1.Apply